Monday, April 13, 2009

Cabbage And Capsicum Rice

It happened to be one of my  "No Way Am I Cooking"  or NWAIC days. The day when I refuse to cook and my hubby does all of it. But this  particular NWAIC day , he had to work and I was left with no choice but to cook, to satisfy my rumbling stomach.  I had shredded cabbage and one capsicum left in my fridge and was really happy when i found this quick and easy recipe ( courtesy :vahrehvah.com) with just these two as the main ingredients. I didn't realise a recipe this simple could taste this good.

Ingredients :

Basmathi Rice - 1 and 1/4 cup
Cabbage  -  2 cups (shredded)
Capscicum - 1 ( julienned)
Ghee - 1 Tbl
Olive oil - 2 Tbl
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp

Powders :

Salt - to taste
Pav Bhaji masala - 2 or 3 tsp
Turmeric - 1 and 1/2 tsp

Method :
  1. Wash and soak rice for 5-10 min.
  2. Drain the water and fry the rice for a few min in ghee .  
  3. Cook the rice and set aside
  4. In a kadai, add  the olive oil.
  5.  After a few min add the cumin and turmeric.
  6.  A minute later add the cabbage, capsicum and salt, stir and close with lid.
  7. Cook till the veggies are tender , stirring every two min.
  8. Now add the pav bhaji masala. Stir well.
  9. Allow it to cook about 3-4 min.
  10. Remove from heat.
  11. Mix well with rice and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment