This recipe was taken from a blog called Chef In You.(http://chefinyou.com/)
1. Onions - 1, cut into small pieces.
2. Tomatoes - 4, cut into small pieces.
3. Peas - 1 cup (I used the frozen one)
4. Red and green bell pepper - 1/2 each. (if you do not have red you can just use 1 green bell pepper), cut into small pieces.
5. Ginger - grated
6. Garlic - 2 cloves (chopped fine)
7. Green chilies - 2 (chopped fine)
7. Cumin seeds, Fennel seeds
8. Turmeric powder - 1 tsp, Red chili powder - 1 tsp (for some extra spice; optional); Paav bhaji masala (I used the sanjeev kapoor's masala) - 1 spoon
7. Butter and oil
8. Salt to taste
9. Cilantro for garnishing.
10. Cooked rice - 2 cups.
1. In a pan heat some butter and oil.
2. Add the fennel and cumin seeds.
3. When it starts to sizzle, saute the green chilies, garlic and ginger for 2 mins.
4. Add the onions and saute till they become transparent.
5. Add the tomatoes and saute till they become a little mushy.
6. Add bell peppers and saute for 2 mins. Add a little water and cook till the raw smell for the mixture disappears.
7. Add turmeric and paav bhaji masala powder and salt.
8. When all this comes together , add the rice and peas.
9. Mix well and garnish with cilantro and serve hot.
I think this goes well with onion raita and potato chips. I sauteed the onions in oil before adding the yogurt since I don't like the taste of raw onions.