Sunday, December 23, 2012

Chocolate Chip Coffee Date and Walnut Cake

Hi all,
I have been in love with this recipe ever since my sister introduced it to me several months ago. This year for the holidays I decided to bake some and send it across for my sister and brother-in-law but I wanted to modify it to include my all time second favorite flavor (first being mint :)) "coffee."

I made the exact same recipe with the following modifications.

1) I added 1 and 1/2 tsp of instant coffee to about 1/2 cup boiling water and soaked the dates in that water.
2) Added about a 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips

Result?
The cake overall tastes good:) Somehow the addition of coffee seems to have lessened the sweetness which is great!!!
Flip side -  I only get a mild coffee flavor (I expected a stronger one -  will increase amount of coffee next time ) and the white chocolate chips completely melted into oblivion - I guess its not sturdy enough to withstand 50 minutes of baking - will search of other options.

No comments:

Post a Comment