Saturday, January 5, 2013

Khaman Dhokla - Did not know it was this easy :)

The crazy cookie is back :) and this time with a dhokla recipe from here.

Of course there are some things I had to change.

  1. 1 tsp of oil instead of the 1 Tbl sp
  2. 3 tsp of sugar instead of the 3 Tbl sp
  3. After some research gathered that Eno fruit salt is 60:40 ratio of baking soda and citric acid and so I substituted it with approx 1 and 1/4 tsp of baking soda and a little more than 3/4 tsp of lemon juice (from the yellow bottle :))
Pictures:


PS:
  1. The inner side of the dhoklas turned out to be red colored. Of course, I had to go back and research and found out from here and here, that tumeric in contact with baking soda causes the change in color. Suggestions were to increase the amount of citric acid or reduce the amount of turmeric. I will give both of these a try in the future.
  2. I decided not to add any tadka to avoid that extra bit of oil :) It tastes great as is and I have store bought sweet and green chutney to go with it.






No comments:

Post a Comment