Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pancake cookies

I woke up Saturday morning with a cookie craving :). As usual my "bake" goods were non-existent. Lack of ingredients has rarely stopped me from making what I want :) and so I decided to make cookies anyway :)
Ingredients:
Pancake mix flour - 1 cup (Approx) (Reason for choice: It has Flour, Sugar and Sodium bicarbonate :))
Nutella (I used the JIF brand equivalent) - 2 Tbls
Butter - 1 Tbl
Egg - 1
Almond milk - 1/4 cup (Reason: This is what I currently add to  my morning cereal)

Method.
1) Melt butter, add Nutella and whisk until mixed
2) Add the Egg and milk and whisk again
3) Add the flour and mix it in (Don't overwork it - Reason: I have no idea but most websites recommended that :P). The mixture will be sticky.
4) Place in Fridge for about 20 minutes
5) Spoon out (I did about 1 Tbl per cookie) onto a greased baking pan
6) Bake for about 5- 8 minutes in a 350 degree preheated oven

These cookies are extremely soft and do not spread too much when baked. They are also not really sweet (Perfect for me but might not be enough for most people). You could add some sugar if you like it sweeter. Personally, I would recommend adding some dry fruits (raisins, cranberries, chopped dates) to increase sweetness.



No comments:

Post a Comment