Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Paneer Masala Bread - Show me the curry - Not very successful for me :(

Link: http://showmethecurry.com/breads/paneer-masala-bread.html
I think when I baked my first ever cake from scratch, I discovered my inner "crazy" baker :)

Alas, the debacle ...
I was too bored to drive to the Indian store and decided to use cottage cheese from the local market (Baaad choice...). It had too much moisture (which I unsuccessfully tried  to remove using a cloth (probably should have bought a proper cheese cloth) and that caused all the problems. After I spread the cottage cheese + masala on the dough, rolled it up and set aside to rise, the water from cheese seeped through and made the entire rolled up dough extremely soggy to a point where I could not even lift it off the plate I had it on. I ended up mixing the dough and filling, adding more flour and baking it as a bread(-ish). Result -  it was bearable, did not get any of the cottage cheese taste but got a fair bit of masala and right amount of salt. I will probably cut into slices, toast and eat it like plain bread...
Well, there is always a next time :)


No comments:

Post a Comment